?

Log in

Momohime

[Event] Summer BBQ!

Posted by croik on 2010.07.18 at 21:12
Current Mood: chipperchipper
Tags: ,
[[Sorry about the long absence guys. Are y'all still here!? Let's see if we can't liven things up a little with some events~]]

It's a hot summer day at Gourd Lake, not a cloud in the sky, perfect weather for the park's annual Gourd Festival! Snack vendors have been stationed in the picnic area and boat rental is half off! Signs advertise fireworks to rival the 4 of July come nightfall. There are even places set up for gourd-carving--much better than pumpkins and not at all related to Halloween, you know. Come enjoy popsicles, swimming, and a romantic hike through the woods...!

Comments:


Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-19 05:36 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*accompanied as ever by brightly-vested members of his staff, the ambassador does have a supply of coupons and brochures that he has been handing out, but the gourd-carving has distracted him, and he is attempting to carve a butterfly design into a particularly large gourd.*
Maggey Byrde
magpie_byrdey at 2010-07-20 05:17 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*She's not working at the event this time around, and Maggey plans on enjoying her day off! When she spies the carving she tries to make a point to avoid it and the sharp objects involved but...*

Oh- Good afternoon, Ambassador Palaeno, sir! *She waves, happy to finally meet such a nice man in person!*
Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-20 16:18 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*He cheerfully puts down his knife and gourd at the sound of his title and wipes his hands off, though his vest remains thoroughly speckled with bits of gourd. He turns and rises to his feet, then smiles.*

Ah--Ms. Byrde, isn't it? Good afternoon. A pleasure to meet you in person at last!

*He extends his hand to her.*

And how are you today?
Maggey Byrde
magpie_byrdey at 2010-07-21 04:32 (UTC) (PermaLink)
Yes, sir! Maggey Byrdey, sir! *She falters for a second, stoping her hand mid-salute for a handshake instead* I'm doing good, how about you?

*She looks to the gourd he was working on,* ... Ohh, I hope I'm not interrupting you at all.
wrightaway
wrightaway at 2010-07-20 01:39 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Need a TruTru~]]

*Phoenix enters the park with Trucy in tow, and smiles at the park's elaborate celebrations. He's a bit nervous about being in public with his new "daughter" - there are still very few people that know about her - but it's a great opportunity for them to get out together and he's determined for them to have a good time.*

What do you think, Trucy? Are you hungry, or would you rather do some swimming?
Trucy Enigmar
trucythegreat at 2010-07-23 04:31 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Blah I live! x.x]]

*Trucy follows behind Phoenix, very much happy to be out in public with him and wearing her magician's outfit again. She can sense he's nervous and wished he would stop worrying. He has her now, and so who would need to worry about anything?*

I want to eat something! ...Wait, daddy do we have any money?
wrightaway
wrightaway at 2010-07-24 11:55 (UTC) (PermaLink)
Huh? Of course we do! I have a job now. *He gives her top hat a tap* What do you feel like eating? A samurai dog? Pop corn? Ice cream? I think we can be a little naughty today.
Trucy Enigmar
trucythegreat at 2010-07-25 23:55 (UTC) (PermaLink)
I'm just checking. We can't be too careful with you daddy. *she grins big* Yay! I want... umm... *so many choices...!* Let's get a samurai dog first! I never had one of those before.
Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-25 03:22 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*While studying the crowd and the range of merchandise available, it isn't difficult for Colias to recognize his new American employee. He picks out the man's distinctive hairstyle at once.

He greets them warmly.*

Mr. Wright, Trucy, hello! It's so lovely to see you. I'm glad you were able to come out to enjoy the festival today. I do hope you've been well?
Maya Fey
feymous at 2010-07-28 00:24 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Tru wha?]]

Hey NICK!!! *she shouts from a few tens of yards away, but loud enough that it jars all onlookers for a moment. As they go back to their duty, she jogs up* What's going on!? Finding this kid's lost parents or something?
Ema Skye
itscience_bb at 2010-07-20 05:25 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[ ;3; Where are you boyfrrrriend? ]

*Ema wanders the park in bright spirits with both a drink and a snack in hand- devoid of her lab coat only due to the summer's heat. She's sent Klavier a few text messages by then, though she's really in no real rush to meet up right away- snacking being entertaining enough for the time being*
duck_gimshoe
duck_gimshoe at 2010-07-21 00:16 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[You called? :O ]

*Gumshoe stands watching the gourd-carvers in contemplative silence. He wonders what they're going to be doing with all the shavings once they're done, because this looks like a waste of good food. Just as he's about to ask, he notices a familiar girl in a white lab coat pass by*

Oh, hey!

Ema Skye
itscience_bb at 2010-07-21 04:11 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[Hm... not so glimmery, but still pretty adorkable. Yaay~ <3 ]

*It may or may not be aimed at her, but Ema glances around at the shout, eyebrows raised. At the familiar face she breaks into a smile, raising the hand holding her drink in an attempt to wave* Oh, hey detective! Long time no see!
duck_gimshoe
duck_gimshoe at 2010-07-21 05:02 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*Grins, happy to see his eyes hadn't failed him. He stuffs his hands in his coat pockets and gives a nod*

I'd recognize that white coat of yours anywhere. How've ya been? Conducting more science experiments here?
Kristoph Gavin
carpe_legem at 2010-07-21 01:25 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*A man in the crowd, though turned away from her, has the exact height and hair color as her boyfriend. He is purchasing a drink and as he does so, he reaches in his pocket, looks at his phone, then shakes his head irritably and puts it back as if disregarding the message*
Ema Skye
itscience_bb at 2010-07-21 04:28 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*After hanging with Gumshoe, Ema's still in pretty good spirits- despite her patience with her boyfriend waning slightly. But when she wanders back to the stand for a drink refil and spies the blonde (totally out of character clothing or not), her temper flares. Instantly.*

You jerk! *She scowls, and smacks the flat of her hand against one of his shoulders.* You've been here this whole time?
Kristoph Gavin
carpe_legem at 2010-07-21 04:32 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*jumps in surprise, but doesn't do anything more than raise his eyebrows and tense as he turns slowly towards the girl, adjusting his glasses* You may have mistaken me for someone else.
capslockchords
capslockchords at 2010-07-25 00:24 (UTC) (PermaLink)

((RIGHT HERE. j/k self, j/k. ))

*With his parents busy laying out a spread for watching the fireworks later on, Apollo mills about on his own, hands in his pockets. There's a few kids from his school that he recognizes, but he doesn't make any attempts to hook up with anyone. Except when he spots...*

H-Hey! Ema!
Ema Skye
itscience_bb at 2010-07-25 00:25 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*With a slight frown, cellphone in hand Ema turns around at the sound of her name from... a voice she doesn't recognize at all* ... Hello?
Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-25 03:09 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Also not a boyfriend, sorry!]]

*When he sees Ema, his attention is initially caught by her garb, and after a moment's thought, he recognizes her. He gestures to capture her attention, and smiles broadly as he steps forward.

Ah, Ms. Skye, is it? What a pleasure to see you in person! And how are you today?
Ema Skye
itscience_bb at 2010-07-27 00:07 (UTC) (PermaLink)
*It's not hard to guess who this is, and she quickly puts her cellphone away* Oh, Ambassador, it's nice to meet you as well! I'm pretty good- just.. waiting. For someone.

*Smiles, and tucks her hair behind her ear* I'm glad to see you've gotten away from the Embassy for a day!
Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-21 05:00 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Later on, in case anyone wants to Cohdopia it up :3]]

*In keeping with his love of cultural events, Colias did reserve a booth at the festival, but in typical fashion, he wandered around curiously for a while before settling himself there.

At the Cohdopian Embassy booth, there are all kinds of free samples, coupons, brochures, snacks, Cohdopian products and national symbols. Not to mention face painting! Also, an ambassador.

Colias chats pleasantly with those who wander by.* ...Hello, would you care for any coupons?
Trucy Enigmar
trucythegreat at 2010-07-25 23:58 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[I like free samples and snacks!]]

*had wandered away from Phoenix... for just a minute! As she walks past the ambassador's booth, she recognizes the voice*

Mr. Diplomat! Hey! *she grins* Are you working? Thank you for hiring my daddy again.

Colias Palaeno
dearestdiplomat at 2010-07-27 05:34 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[Please, do help yourself!]]

*He beams, absolutely delighted to see her.* Ah, hello, Trucy!

Yes, I decided to work the booth myself for part of the time today. It's so much fun to be able to interact with everyone. It reminds me of when I was a boy, working in my parents' shop.

And you're very welcome. It was my pleasure. Your daddy seems like such a nice man.

How are you today? I hope you're enjoying the festival?
Trucy Enigmar
trucythegreat at 2010-07-27 21:24 (UTC) (PermaLink)

[[I don't mind if I do!]]

Right, you said your parents were rival shopkeepers who combined their store, right? And that's why you like store stuff? *she looks at all of the stuff at the table*

*she smiles* My daddy's the best!

A huh! *nods* It's really cool here. I never went to many things like this before. My daddy was busy being a magician. But magician's are awesome, so I didn't mind.
Previous Entry  Next Entry